Snowshoeing in Salzburg
Your hikers’ service at 4-star Hotel Kirchner in Bramberg, Wildkogel
Experience the snowy winter countryside away from the “well-trodden paths”, perhaps as you try snowshoeing here with us in Salzburg… Hotel Kirchner in Bramberg offers you 3 guided snowshoe hikes a week with certified guides from the hotel. Equipment can also be borrowed here at the hotel. Afterwards, dry out your shoes in the boot room with boot dryer. When you get to the summit, be sure to enjoy your hikers’ snacks that you put together from our “Snack Corner” back at the hotel, all the while taking in the glorious panoramas which surround you.
Snowshoeing in Salzburg with the Kirchners
- 3 guided snowshoe hikes every week
- Our hotel’s own hiking guides
- Ski poles, rucksacks & 15 pairs of snowshoes available to borrow
- Our own Hiking Shop at the hotel
- Daily Hikers’ Snacks (bread rolls, sausage & cheese, tea, juice, fruit & cereal bar) from our “Snack Corner”
- Separate boot room with shoe-cleaning station & boot dryer for clean & warm hiking boots
Our 3 Certified Hiking Guides
Can there be anything more marvelous than hiking out through virgin powder? Snowshoeing, skiing and total enjoyment, those are the three pillars we build on. As one of the charter members of “Hiking Hotels”, we have years of hiking experience to drawn on – winter and summer. Here in the snowy Kitzbühel Alps, winter sports fans find the ideal place to pursue their passion.
Hotel Owner Christian
My secret winter tip: Snowshoeing up to the Pölsenalm – For me, this tour is always like stepping into a whole other world. From Hollersbach, you drop down from the Berghof into Hohe Tauern National Park. Treated constantly to beautiful views of Hollersbachtal and the Kitzbühel Alps.
Senior Owner Maria
Martina is our specialist with the best training of all. For her, no mountain is too high – with boundless energy and enthusiasm, she blazes the trail for the group. Martina loves hiking through the nature of the Kitzbühel Alps and Hohe Tauern National Park. Experience happy moments together with her, moments that are sure to leave you with lasting memories.
Hiking- & Bike-Guide Martina
National Park Winter Ranger Program 2016
- “Powder Snow & Summit Wind”: snowshoe tour through the high mountains of Krimmler Achental – Thursdays
- “Pristine Sulzbach Valleys”: snowshoe hike in the Sulzbach Valleys outside Neukirchen – Thursdays
- Wildlife watching at a public feeding in Habachtal – Mondays & Wednesdays as well as Fridays during the Christmas holidays & in February
- “Winter Adventure in Hollersbachtal”: Excursion to Hollersbach Valley – Wednesdays
- “Wasenmoos – Sights and Insights in the Hohe Tauern Mountains“: easy snowshoe hike in Mittersill/Pass Thurn – Mondays
- “High-Alpine Stubachtal”: high-alpine snowshoe hike in Uttendorf – Fridays
- Snowshoeing in deep snow is more strenuous than traditional hiking
- Take into account the distance, but also the elevation change when planning your tour
- Trail markings may be covered by the snow
- Always have a map, compass & GPS with you
- Avalanche reports should always be checked in advance
- Bring along plenty of warm clothing & provisions
- Don’t take risks – the shorter days & cold temperatures in winter automatically increase the risk factor